After Firefox 13, everyone expected to get the version 14. But they gave us 14.0.1! According to Mozilla they did this to make sure the Android and the Desktop versions of the browser have the same version number. They released the version 14 for Android several weeks ago. Today they have made it 14.0.1 with the desktop version.
The changes in Firefox 14.0.1 :
- If you use Google search within the browser, now it use HTTPS by default. More security!
- Full screen support for Mac OS X Lion
- Plugins can now be configured to only load on click (requires an about:config change)
- The Awesome Bar now auto-completes typed URLs
- Improved site identity manager, to prevent spoofing of an SSL connection with favicons
- Pointer Lock API implemented
- New API to prevent your display from sleeping
- New text-transform and font-variant CSS improvements for Turkic languages and Greek
- Various security fixes
- GIF animation can gets stuck when src and image size are changed
- OS X: nsCocoaWindow::ConstrainPosition uses wrong screen in multi-display setup
To update Firefox, go to Firefox > Help > About Firefox. If you don’t have Firefox, download the latest version from here : http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/